Infect Insect Bites
Insect bites and stings are normal and usually only cause minor irritation, however sometimes they can become infected or cause a serious allergic reaction. You only need to make an appointment with the pharmacist if it becomes infected.
Symptoms of an infected or more severe bit or sting include:
· There is a lot of swelling or blistering.
· There is pus which indicates an infection.
Most bites and stings can be treated at home:
· Take painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen if the sting is painful.
· Use antihistamine to relieve itching.
· Put a cold compress on the affected area.
· Keep raised if possible.
If the bite/sting is more severe the pharmacist can supply:
· Steroid creams
Upon booking an appointment you are required to fill out the form which will be included in the confirmation email (in the form of a link).
This appointment does not guarantee you will be prescribed medication, this is dependent on the pharmacists opinion as to the whether it is suitable.