General Health Profile
What can I expect from this General Health Profile?
This home test provides you with a comprehensive check-up of your general health including diabetes (HbA1c), your liver & kidney function, bone health, iron levels and a full cholesterol profile. This profile helps you to proactively manage your health and identify/ monitor many underlying or pre-existing conditions.
Identifying conditions of this test
Muscle & Bone Health
Cholesterol (7 Biomarkers)
High cholesterol levels can cause your arteries to become blocked - leading to coronary heart disease, heart attack or stroke. Finding out about high levels of cholesterol can help you to make the positive lifestyle and dietary changes needed to improve your chances of a long and healthy life.
- Total Cholesterol is a measurement of the total amount of cholesterol in the blood. This includes low-density and high-density lipoprotein cholesterols. Cholesterol is used to produce hormones for development, growth and reproduction.
- High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) is a form of cholesterol which is considered ‘good’ cholesterol because it helps remove cholesterol from the heart’s arteries.
- Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) is considered ‘bad’ cholesterol because it contributes to cholesterol build-up and blockage in the arteries.
- Total Cholesterol: HDL Ratio is a mathematical calculation which indicates the ratio of total cholesterol versus ‘good’ (HDL) cholesterol in the blood.
- Non-HDL Cholesterol is a measurement of the total amount of cholesterol in the blood excluding the ‘good’ high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL).
- Triglyceride is another type of fat (not the same as cholesterol) found in the bloodstream.
- HDL percentage. This is the percentage of Total Cholesterol that consists of ‘good’ (HDL) cholesterol.
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
Items brought online can be returned within 30 days with proof of purchase. If the item has been opened/used, you will not be eligible for a refund.
We offer free collection and a range of delivery methods. You will see all delivery options at checkout.